MSM Financial Policy MBA and Master in Management Programmes
This policy includes all financial rules and regulations that apply to the MSM-MBA and MSM-Master in Management (MM) study programmes.
Payment of fees
All fees must be paid by the student before services will be provided.
- The programme application fee (EUR 95,-) must be paid before a student’s application will be processed.
- The visa application is only handled after the first instalment is paid by the student. (only applicable for full-time programs based in Maastricht).
- The tuition fee must be settled before a student will be enrolled to the programme.
- Please contact the MSM Admissions Office to receive more information about the possibilities of payment in instalments.
In case the fee is paid in instalments, it is the student's responsibility to settle each instalment before the payment deadline in order to stay enrolled in the programme. Otherwise, the student will be temporarily suspended from the programme.
Students who are in financial default with MSM will be suspended from the program. No attendance to classes and examinations is given and no grades are issued, until the payment has been settled.
In case a student wants to defer his/her admission to a next intake, the student should inform the MSM Admissions Office as soon as possible. Please note that deferment is only possible for one year.
Tuition fees and scholarships can only be deferred if the first agreed tuition payment has been settled, otherwise tuition and scholarships will be recalculated based on the policies for the year in which the student will actually join the program.
Should the student withdraw from the program after paying the tuition fee (including extra costs such as visa application fee, study materials and health insurance), but before the start of the program, the tuition fee will be refunded minus the application fee of EUR 95,- , minus the visa application costs of EUR 210,- (only applicable for full-time programs based in Maastricht) and minus an administration fee of EUR 450,-.
In case the visa application of a student is not successful, the tuition fee will be refunded minus the application fee of EUR 95,- ,minus the visa application costs of EUR 210,- (only applicable for full-time programs based in Maastricht) and minus an administration fee of EUR 450,-
If a student needs extra examination opportunities to pass the exam for the MSM-MBA or MSM-MM programme, or if the student exceeds the nominal study period, additional fees will be due.
Additional examination opportunity
Each course as well as the Master’s thesis includes a second examination opportunity (a resit). In case the student does not pass the resit, (s)he needs to apply for an additional examination opportunity for which the following fees apply:
- For re-taking a course or re-taking one or more examination components of a course EUR 1.500 ,- will be charged. It is upon the student to decide if (s)he wants to attend the whole course again or only take the examination components (s)he has not passed yet.
- For an additional resit of the Master’s thesis EUR 4.500,- will be charged.
Each student needs a valid registration with Maastricht University (UM) in order to take part in courses and examinations. This registration fee is included in the study fee for the nominal study period (the period in which a student should normally finish the programme). If a student exceeds the nominal study duration, for each additional study year (s)he must pay a registration fee of EUR 2.000,- which covers the costs for administration, software licenses, study material, etc.
- For full-time students the additional registration fee will be due from year 3 onwards.
- For part-time students the additional registration fee will be due from year 4 onwards.
Payment additional fees
For all additional fees the student will receive an invoice. The additional fees must be paid in total before the student can attend the respective classes and examinations.
Please note that MSM has the right to adjust any fees according to price indexation, and determine additional fees according to changes in the programme or administrative procedures.