The Board of Examiners is required by law an independent (from other departments and units) academic MSM body installed by the SBE Board and the law gives a Board of Examiners the following duties, tasks and responsibilities:
- To establish guidelines and instructions, within the framework of the Education and Examination Regulations (EER), to assess and determine (final) examinations and to monitor the correct and fair implementation of these guidelines and instructions;
- To monitor and ensure the quality of course examinations and Master's Thesis, by checking the validity, reliability, transparency and efficiency of examinations and grading procedures;
- To monitor and determine in an objective and professional manner whether students have fulfilled all requirements, outlined in the Education and Examination Regulations (EER), in terms of knowledge, insight and skills required for obtaining the MSM degree, diploma or certificate;
- To impose sanctions upon the student, in the event of fraud (including plagiarism);
- To appoint examiners to courses of degree programs to administer and conduct examinations and to evaluate and determine (final) examination results;
- To handle objections and requests and other academic disputes from students, MSM Partner Institutions, MSM Global Education Programs officers and other stakeholders;
- To evaluate and grant requests for exemption, extension and transfer of credits among programs;
- To issue the MSM MBA and MM Degree and Transcript;
- To draft and submit an annual report of its activities to the Dean of MSM.
The Board of Examiners is responsible for the Online, MBA and MM programs in Maastricht or in collaboration with MSM Partner Institutions. The Board of Examiners consists of a chair, senior secretary, and two (2) members of which one (1) is an external member.
New composition as of 1 September 2022
Chair: Prof. Peter Sampers, PhD
Member: Prof. Aad van Mourik, PhD
External member: Prof. Peter Vermeer
Senior Secretary: Frédérique Starmans-Franssen, MSc MM