LMSINDO's success story in the NTT region of Indonesia - an overview of the projects achievements
The project “LMSINDO – Link and Match Sekolah Menengah Kejuruan (SMK) in Indonesia” has officially ended 31 March 2023 after 4 years of prosperous project implementation.
Maastricht School of Management (MSM) in consortium with Hogeschool van Amsterdam and Q-Point, and the local Indonesian partners Polbangtan Bogor, Undana, SMKN 1 Waibakul and SMKPP Kupang, worked successfully towards enhancing the vocational agricultural education system in the NTT region by means of improving the teacher competencies. Great strides have been made by;
- Improving the institutional and collaborative framework for agricultural teacher training in the NTT region through a triple helix framework
- Improving the agricultural teacher competency and productivity
- Scaling up the improved agricultural pre- and in-service teacher training programs.
Some of the success stories of the project are:
- 19 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) and partnership agreements have been signed between educational, government and private sector partners
- A multi-stakeholder platform was realized in the NTT region including a sustainability plan
- Investments in the SMKs (TVET) in the NTT region for pre- & post-production equipment, facilities, irrigation, farming vehicles
- 90 staff members have been trained through 6 main training topics on: gender, labour market needs assessments, problem based learning (PBL/PJBL), entrepreneurship, hybrid education and management
- 4 curricula have been revised
- 10 publications have been developed
- A booklet on the project results including QR-codes for a referral to an online portal of knowledge dissemination through Polbangtan developed and kept up to date.
We like to thank all parties involved who have closely collaborated and worked hard to make the ‘“LMSINDO – Link and Match SMK in Indonesia’ project a success!
Orange Knowledge Programme
This project is part of the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) which is funded by the Netherlands’ Ministry of Foreign Affairs and managed by Nuffic. For more information click here.
MSM's Expert Centre on Emerging Economies
This institutional collaboration project is part of MSM's Expert Centre on Emerging Economies. The department is an expert centre on local economic development in emerging and developing markets. We capacitate managers and professionals from government, private sector, NGOs, and post-secondary education in Africa, Asia, Middle East, and Latin America. We offer consultancy and customized training programs, and we manage complex projects in key sectors, e.g. water, agriculture and health. For more information click here.
Declaration on agricultural vocational education in Indonesia
Empowering Principals to Manage Innovations in Agriculture SMKs in Indonesia
Entrepreneurship Education Training within LMSINDO project in Indonesia
Improving agricultural teacher training in Indonesia
Indonesian Agricultural TVET project LMSINDO continues online