Students come from abroad for shorter or longer periods. The aim of the social events program is:
- to enhance interaction between students in and outside the classroom environment;
- to stimulate interaction between the various programs and
- to expose them to Western-European culture and traditions
A diverse program of social activities and school presentations has been set up in collaboration with the Education Department.
The program can be adjusted and tailored to the needs of the students the moment a social class representative has been appointed.
Throughout the year MSM organizes various activities for professional and social networking, such as:
- International student dinner: prepared by all students on the MSM campus
- Movie nights
- Participation in the Entrepreneurship Week in Maastricht
- PechaKucha night, introducing and performing the PechaKucha presentation format
Student Life in Maastricht
Maastricht, the oldest city in the Netherlands, embraces innovations in science, technology and art whilst retaining much of its fascinating past. It is a cultural center, with excellent museums, theaters and cinemas. There are also many fine shops, restaurants, bars and dance-cafes to enjoy. The rolling hills nearby offer great opportunities to enjoy walks and bike rides along their many nature trails.
Maastricht is an international crossroads. Walking through the city you will hear Dutch, French, German and English all around you. You can be in Brussels, Aachen, Cologne or Düsseldorf within an hour or two; a few more hours and you could be in Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris or even London.
The MSM Student Guide gives you a comprehensive overview of life at and around MSM, with lots of practical information and advice from former MSM students.