At the end of this course you:
- Understand the role of the private sector, especially MSME’s, in emerging markets and its significance for economic and social development.
- Understand the discussion on the ethical, social and ecological boundaries of private sector activity and how MSME’s deal with that.
- Know how to reflect on the development of local MSME’s, the opportunities and constraints. Gain deeper knowledge of appropriate management systems for MSME’s in emerging markets, including finance, HR, operations and marketing.
- Understand the relationship between the business and its enabling environment and markets
The following topics will be discussed in this course:
- Entrepreneurship and business start-up
- Business growth
- Organisational development and management
- Local, regional and international markets
- Enabling environment
- Business partnership and networks
- Business ethics
This programme takes a practice-oriented approach. A combination of teaching methods will be used including:
- (Guest) lecturers and presentations
- Case studies
- Group discussion, exercises and presentation
- Literature study/readings
This programme is designed for:
faculty staff in the education sector that wish to understand private sector development for their own education program development. The course also targets policy makers in public institutions and managers of CSO’s/NGO’s that work closely with businesses and support their growth. Another target group are students that seek a career in the commercial as well as non-profit, private sector.
A basic knowledge of economic development issues is required.
Each participant receives a certificate of participation.
This certificate is being awarded as evidence of participation in a post-graduate training at indicative level 6 or 7 of the EQF. The minimum study load is 14 hours and an attendance level of 80% is required. This certificate is being awarded in the form of a soft copy when the training is online or a hard copy during a face-to-face training. The certificate will mention your full name, training title, training date and comprising core topics. Click here for more information about the MSM certification policy.