After finalising the course, you will
- have developed analytical skills and how to apply them to project design
- understand how to plan time and cost in a project
- have learned how to manage risks how implementing a project
- are capable to identify and design components of a monitoring and evaluation system
- understand the concept of logic model applied to project management, including how to select indicators, baselines and targets
- understand how and when to use monitoring evaluation tools during the project lifecycle and beyond
“MSM is the best place to get a thorough understanding of project development and management. I have studied at an institute in London and I think MSM’s approach is more practical. I really appreciated the relationship between the participants and the teachers”.
Isaac Manu, Ghana
Topics included in this online/blended programme are:
- Introduction to Logic Models: Theory of Change, Project as a Logic Model, Project Life Cycle and Decision-Making Processes:
- Analytical Tools: Stakeholders Analysis; Needs Analysis; Impact Analysis; Results Chain;
- Planning Tools: Critical Path Method, Program Evaluation Review Technique, Cost Scheduling
- Monitoring Tools: Risk Management, Indicators, Evaluation and Monitoring Criteria, Reporting and Communication.
You can either follow the programme fully online or blended. Fully online: 8 weeks (6 hours per week), Blended: online part 8 weeks (6 hours per week) plus 5 days at the MSM campus.
The fully online format offers you the opportunity to progress through the programme at your own pace, providing greater flexibility in planning your learning hours alongside work and private life.
We commence with a virtual kick-off meeting. Throughout the remaining period, you will have access to a Moodle e-learning platform containing all learning materials, including:
- Methodological Cards on key topics
- Short videos summarising key learning assets
- Case studies illustrating the topics covered in each unit
- Suggested additional readings
- Topic-oriented discussion forums
- Self-assessment quizzes
- Specific assignments
The schedule is as follows:
- Estimated study hours per week: 6 hours
- 8 virtual classroom sessions of 2 hours each (once per week)
- 4 group assignments
- Participation in 4 discussion groups
Each week, a scheduled online individual coaching hour with the lecturer is available for discussing your own context and cases related to the online materials.
After finalising the programme, all participants will receive the online handbook “Project Management – The Training Companion”. This handbook articulates training modules, tasks and tools.
For professionals interested in enhancing their online Project Management learning experience with additional topics and meeting classmates in person, we offer the Project Management blended programme. The online component mirrors the fully online programme, while the blended programme includes a 5-day face-to-face experience at our campus in Maastricht from October 28 October to 1 November 2024.
"The group assignment was truly enjoyable and a mind-opening activity because we, as a group, come from different countries, have different jobs, and hold different perspectives. All of this together made it delightful and informative for me."
Ms. Lugein Ali Abdullah (from Iraq)
The programme is designed for:
- Project leaders, project team members and program coordinators with managerial tasks
- Consultants dealing with project activities
- Trainers and lecturers in the field of project management
Each participant receives a certificate of participation.
This certificate is being awarded as evidence of participation in a post-graduate training at indicative level 6 or 7 of the EQF. The minimum study load is 14 hours and an attendance level of 80% is required. This certificate is being awarded in the form of a soft copy when the training is online or a hard copy during a face-to-face training. The certificate will mention your full name, training title, training date and comprising core topics. Click here for more information about the MSM certification policy.