1 October 2018
AMBA, ACBSP, IACBE, NVAO
The MSM full-time MBA is a one-year program conducted at the MSM campus in Maastricht. You will have full day classes, consisting of interactive lectures, individual and group assignments, work visits and guest lectures.
Joining the full-time MBA program means that you can enjoy all benefits of studying full-time at the MSM campus in Maastricht. Besides the regular classes and activities we off er you the following:
Career and Personal Development Track
We have created a special optional Career and Personal Development Track (CPDT) to help you achieve your goals. The CPDT aims at providing you with the tools necessary to help you find a job upon completion of your MBA degree at MSM. Throughout the year, you will train your soft-skills and prepare yourself for a successful career. Personal development training is also integrated in some of the courses of the curriculum. What to expect in the CPDT:
- networking events,
- HR managers coming to talk to you,
- collaboration with regional corporate partners that are looking for international students,
- CV book published by MSM for our corporate partners to facilitate the recruitment of our students,
- business challenges, company visits and guest speakers,
- workshops on CV and motivational letter writing, presentation skills, LinkedIn and video resume, elevator pitch
- individual self-awareness and self-development coaching
- holistic life balance trainings
On graduation, you will receive a MBA degree that is accredited by the NVAO and thus fully recognized as a Dutch degree. This means that if you are an international student, that you may be eligible for an orientation year permit to allow you to stay in the Netherlands for 1 year in order to search for a job as a highly skilled migrant.
Develop your global leadership skills
Joining the full-time MBA class will challenge you to develop your management skills in a diverse, international and multicultural environment. The more than two dozen nationalities represented in a typical class of the full-time, residential format of the MBA creates a stimulating learning environment inside and outside the classroom. This will help you develop your global and multicultural leadership skills and expand your global network.
Innovation Management module at RWTH Aachen University
In the full-time MBA you will follow a so-called Chief‹s Certificate Program on Innovation Management, offered in cooperation with RWTH Aachen University in Germany. This innovative one-week course takes place at our partner university in Germany. It was developed for, and successfully implemented by, top German executives. Upon completion of the course, you will receive a German Executive Education Certificate. The topics of the Chief’s Certificate Program vary from year to year depending on the needs of the market and the interest of our MBA students.
Customize your MBA
To allow you to customize your MBA around your specific study needs and career perspectives, MSM offer a number of specializations:
- International Business and Sustainable Development
- Accounting & Finance
- The Digital Economy
Click here to download the MSM MBA Specializations brochure.
*some of the industry focused specializations might be subject to additional fees.
Throughout the program MSM organizes various activities for professional and social networking, such as:
• Cross-border dinner: visits to companies in the crossborder Euregion followed by a dinner with regional business representatives
• International student dinner: prepared by all students on the MSM campus
• Movie nights
• Participation in the Entrepreneurship Week in Maastricht
• PechaKucha night, introducing and performing the PechaKucha presentation format
Click here for the Education and Examination regulations (EER) of all the MSM programs.
The one-year full-time 70 ECTS* MBA program consists of eight modular lecturer sessions and the completion of a final project, being either an academic research paper, business consultancy project or business plan.
|Accounting for Managers||84||3|
|Business Research Tools||Research Methods||84||3|
|Creating Value||Marketing in a Global Context||84||3|
|Global Supply Chain Management||84||3|
|Strategic Orientation||Economics for Managers||84||3|
|Global Corporate Strategy||84||3|
|Changing World||Change Management||84||3|
|Leadership & Organizational Behavior||84||3|
|Global Responsibility||Managing Cultural Diversity||84||3|
|Corporate Responsibility and Ethics||84||3|
|Specialization***||Specialization course 1||84||3|
|Specialization course 2||84||3|
|Specialization course 3||84||3|
|Specialization course 4||84||3|
|Final paper||Academic Research Paper / Business Consultancy Project / Business Plan, including presentation||448||16|
|Total||1960 hours||70 ECTS|
* The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) is a student-centered system based on the student workload required to achieve the objectives of a program.
** 1 ECTS corresponds with 28 hours of study (includes both face-to-face and self-study
*** Choose one of the available specializations at MSM. For more information click here.
Admission requirements and process
Upload the following documents to MSM’s online application portal:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university as well as the transcript
- Personal résumé / CV demonstrating the minimum requirement of three or more years of relevant working experience, obtained after your bachelor’s degree
- Two employer letters of recommendation (a reference request can be sent directly via our application portal)
- A letter of motivation (click here for instructions)
- Proof of English proficiency: non-native English speaking candidates and candidates whose previous education has been in a different language than English must submit evidence of English proficiency by achieving the following minimum scores:
TOEFL scores: (Test of English as Foreign Language)
– 88 for the internet based test
– 230 computer based test
– 570 paper based test
– 570 institutional TOEFL (paper based at a certified test administration site)
IELTS score (International English Language Testing System):
– 6.5 minimum, with no section below 5.5 on the Academic test
TOEIC score (Test of English for International Communication):
– 720, provided applicant has passed both “Speaking & Writing” and “Listening & Reading”
Pearson PTE Academic test of English – minimum score 59
Cambridge CPE English Proficiency test – C
Cambridge CAE English Advanced test – B
Applicants from countries where the official language is English, or who have studied in countries where English is the official language, are exempted from this requirement.
- Copy of your passport or your EU identity card (valid on the start date of your program)
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Diplomas and transcripts can be submitted in English, Dutch, French or German, preferred language is English. Other documents should be in English.
Also send the certified copy of your diploma and sealed transcripts by regular mail to:
Maastricht School of Management
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 1203
6201 BE Maastricht
As soon as we have received your online application we will provide you with the details on how to submit the required documents and the non-refundable application fee of € 75.
Applications are processed immediately upon receipt. However, please note that the deadline for applications is 15 July (for non-EU residents) and 15 August (for EU residents) of the respective year in which you wish to enroll. Each application will be processed on an individual basis. The Graduate Admissions Board will make a decision based on the candidate’s prior academic performance, work experience and overall achievements and goals. We will inform you of the Admissions Board’s decision as soon as possible.
MSM reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission if candidates fail to satisfy all requirements or if it is determined that admission was obtained through the use of falsified, altered or embellished information.
MSM will conduct an interview (Phone, Skype or in Person).
After payment of 1st installment and prior to the start of the MBA program, four, online leveling (foundation) courses (Accounting, Finance, Statistics and Economics) are required to be satisfactorily completed. Alternatively, if you have completed the GMAT (Graduate Management
Admission Test) with a score of 600 or higher or a GRE with an equivalent score), the leveling courses are waived.
Visa and residence permit process
Please also check the page Visas and Permits for more information!
After you have been accepted to a Full Time degree program at MSM
- MSM will ask you for at least the following documents:
– copy of your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least one month longer than the duration of the program you are registered for.
– evidence of sufficient financial resources. You must be able to prove that you have at least € 875 per month for rent, food and insurances. MSM will inform you about how you can do that.
– completed consent form. With this you authorize MSM to arrange the application on your behalf.
– completed antecedents form. This is a statement that you have not committed any criminal offence.
– certified, physical copies of Diploma and Transcripts. In case you have only submitted copies or temporary documents during the admissions process.
– proof of first payment. In order to start your Visa process, you will be required to submit proof of payment for the first installment of your tuition as well as any other required fees (exact amounts to be confirmed by the Admissions Office.)
- You will receive a message if all of the documents satisfy the conditions.
- MSM will start your visa application. The Netherlands Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) needs about 4 weeks to process your application. As soon as this has been done you will receive a notification by email.
- You make an appointment with the Dutch Embassy in your country. There you must submit passport photos and have your fingerprint registered. After that you will receive your visa. You will receive your residence permit after your arrival in the Netherlands. Please note! Do not book your trip to the Netherlands until after you have received your visa.
Please note! Do not book your trip to the Netherlands until after you have received your visa.
After your arrival in Maastricht
- MSM will inform you about where and when you can pick up your residence permit.
- MSM will continue to monitor your academic progress.
- MSM can ask the IND to revoke your student visa in any of the following situations:
a. If you fail to maintain satisfactory academic progress,
b. If you fail to submit all the required documents to complete your admission to the degree program,
c. If any of your admissions documents or visa application documents are found to be altered, false or fabricated in any way.
d. If you are deemed by MSM to be conducting yourself in any way that is not in line with the Code of Conduct for international students in higher education (http://www.internationalstudy.nl/en/page/code-of-conduct-international-student-in-dutch-higher-education)
After you complete your studies in Maastricht
- Before your student visa expires you must either
a. Apply for the Zoekjaar Visa with the IND in order to prolong your stay in the Netherlands or
b. Deregister with the city (gemeente) in which you registered.
|Application window for Nuffic OKP scholarship applicants opens||Closed|
|Application deadline for Nuffic OKP scholarship applicants||Closed|
|Early Bird||1 May 2018|
|Application deadline non-EU residents (private sponsorship)||15 July 2018|
|Application deadline EU residents (private sponsorship)||22 September 2018|
|Start of Program||1 October 2018|
|Full Tuition Fee||€ 31,000|
|Application Fee (non refundable)||€ 75|
Please take a look at the available scholarships which are listed under the next section, Scholarships, or check this overview of scholarships and program related cost.
Click here for more information about the deferment policy, the refund policy, obtaining a visa and financial suspension.
Available MSM Scholarships for private sponsorship candidates
|Dean‹s Development Fund||Based on country|
|Academic Excellence Scholarship||50 %|
|Women in Leadership||50 %|
|Alumni Lifelong Learning||50 %|
|Public Services / NGO Scholarship||50 %|
|Bosphorus Scholarship||50 %|
|European Star Scholarship||25 %|
|Entrepreneurship / Family Business Scholarship||25 %|
|Orange Tulip Scholarship (for selected countries)||65 % and 85 %|
|Holland Scholarship||€ 5,000|
|Corporate Discounts||25 – 50 %|
For more detailed information about the scholarships and the conditions for these scholarships for privately funded candidates for the full-time residential MBA, and other program related costs, please see this overview.
NUFFIC and other scholarships:
For more information on scholarships offered by the Dutch government and international organizations for the programs of Maastricht School of Management please check here.
For more information on how to apply for the NUFFIC scholarship programs, click here.
Life Long Learning Grant DUO
For more information about the Life Long Learning Grant from DUO please click here. (information only available in Dutch).