Meet MSM's faculty members: introducing Angelo Corelli
Maastricht School of Management provides scientific knowledge allowing managers and entrepreneurs to make evidence-based decisions. To achieve our mission we encourage and support our faculty members in a broad range of areas. MSM’s faculty members are passionate about what they do and tenacious in finding solutions to the toughest business challenges. Each month MSM will highlight one of its faculty members and this month the spotlight is on Angelo Corelli.
Let me introduce myself…
My name is Angelo Corelli and I am Associate Professor of Finance at MSM. I hold a PhD in Economics and Finance from the University of Verona (Italy), an MA in Economics and Finance from University of Venice (Italy) and a specialized BA degree in Banking from the University of Siena (Italy).
My dream for the future was to have the responsibility for the improvement of finance-related teaching and research…
I just recently joined MSM and I am really looking forward to bring my experience and knowledge – gained at business schools worldwide – to an international and multicultural environment of MSM. In my position as Associate Professor of Finance, head of discipline of Finance & Accounting and Academic Coordinator of MSM’s Executive MBA program I have the challenge to improve an already existing framework and to enhance the quality of the learning experience we offer our students. Furthermore, I am lecturing in the MSM summer school specialization Accounting & Finance and in MSM’s short executive program on Project Finance. I have always dreamed of working for a leading European Institution with the responsibility for the improvement of finance-related teaching and research…and that’s exactly the chance MSM is giving me!
I have 13 years experience in teaching at all levels (Bachelor, Master, MBA) in several European and overseas countries (Switzerland, Netherlands, France, Sweden, Turkey and United Arab Emirates). In addition I have gained extensive experience in curriculum development and course design and in accreditation related matters.
The research areas I focus on…
My research focus is on Financial Risk, Financial Derivatives and Cryptocurrencies. I have published five books and multiple journal articles with international publishers. My teaching and research work complies with the standards set by the top accreditation bodies in the world.
My most recent publications are:
- Corelli A., Achcar S., Chekanova A., Ghalayini R., Orazalyyeva N., (2019), An Analysis of CAPM Efficiency: The Case of the DFM Market in Dubai, International Journal of Business Continuity and Risk Management. (SCOPUS), Forthcoming
- Corelli A., (2019), Neural networks and technical analysis for price prediction: the case of Borsa Italiana SP MIB, International Journal of Business Continuity and Risk Management. (SCOPUS), Forthcoming
- Corelli A. (2019), Equity Price Prediction with Neural Networks: Technical Analysis of the Italian Market, Journal of Wealth Management, 21, 4, 65-75. (ABDC: B)
- Corelli A. (2018), Cryptocurrencies and Exchange Rates: A Relationship and Causality Analysis, Risks, 6, 4, 111. (ABDC: B)
- Malhotra J., Corelli A. (2018), The Determinants of CDS Spreads in Multiple Industry Sectors: A Comparison between US and Europe. Risks, 6, 3, 89. (ABDC: B)
- Corelli A. (2018), GARCH Volatilities Applied to an Asset Selection Algorithm: The Case of Fixed Income Markets, International Journal of Bonds and Derivatives, 4, 1. (ABDC: C).
I felt enriched personally and professionally by having the chance to know more about different cultures…
My teaching experience in Dubai allowed me to get in touch with students from over 90 nationalities. Similar as at MSM, we had classes of 30 – 35 students, representing 10 – 15 nationalities. The exposure of such a mix of cultures and backgrounds, made me learn how to approach and work with an international body of students. Moreover, I felt enriched both personally and professionally by having the chance to learn so much about different cultures and to experience how students with different backgrounds would respond to my teaching style. Now I can bring my experience gained in Dubai to MSM’s multicultural classrooms.
In my spare time you can often find me…
I have a passion for Latin dance, which really helps me to unwind. Furthermore, I like playing billiards with my friends (snooker, pool etc.). Another thing I like to do is writing, and this perfectly fits with my work at MSM as it gives me the chance to develop teaching materials and stay productive in writing research proposals.
Mastering the challenge of financing and managing development projects
MBA specialization Accounting & Finance
MSM Annual Report 2018
MSM Project Finance & Project Management alumnus received grant for project
Meet MSM’s Faculty members: introducing Gigi Limpens