After finalising the course, you will
- have developed analytical skills and how to apply them to project design
- understand how to plan time and cost in a project
- have learned how to manage risks how implementing a project
- are capable to identify and design components of a monitoring and evaluation system
- understand the concept of logic model applied to project management, including how to select indicators, baselines and targets
- understand how and when to use monitoring evaluation tools during the project lifecycle and beyond
“MSM is the best place to get a thorough understanding of project development and management. I have studied at an institute in London and I think MSM’s approach is more practical. I really appreciated the relationship between the participants and the teachers”.
Isaac Manu, Ghana
Topics included in this blended programme are:
- Introduction to Logic Models: Theory of Change, Project as a Logic Model, Project Life Cycle and Decision-Making Processes:
- Analytical Tools: Stakeholders Analysis; Needs Analysis; Impact Analysis; Results Chain;
- Planning Tools: Critical Path Method, Program Evaluation Review Technique, Cost Scheduling
- Monitoring Tools: Risk Management, Indicators, Evaluation and Monitoring Criteria, Reporting and Communication.
The program consists of an online part that you can follow on your own pace and a face-to-face part. This provides more flexibility in the planning of your learning hours in combination with work and private life. The online part has a duration of 4 weeks and includes 7 self paced learning hours a week.
We start with a virtual kick off meeting and during the rest of the period, you will have access to a Moodle e-learning platform that contains all learning materials, particularly:
- Methodological Cards on key Topics;
- Short Videos that synthetize key learning assets;
- Case Studies that illustrate the topics covered by each unit;
- Suggested Additional Readings;
- Topic oriented discussion forums;
- Self-Assessment Quizzes;
- Specific Assignments;
Each week, an online, individual coaching hour with the lecturer is scheduled where you can discuss your own context and cases related to the online materials. These virtual coaching sessions also serve the purpose of preparation for the five-day intensive face-to-face program. The face-to-face part of the program gives you the opportunity for networking with your lecturers, experts and co-participants.
Throughout the course you will work on your individual assignment that will be presented and assessed at the end of the course.
The program is designed for:
- Project leaders, project team members and program coordinators with managerial tasks
- Consultants dealing with project activities
- Trainers and lecturers in the field of project management