Please note that all documents need to be provided digitally in our online application portal; official documents need to be scanned:
- A Master’s degree from a relevant academic field;
- Certified copies of bachelor’s and master’s diplomas and transcript;
- Proof of proficiency in English – the minimum level accepted is 600 PBT, 100 ICT or 240 CBT (TOEFL) or 7.0 (IELTS). Native speakers and students who have received their bachelor’s or master’s education in English are exempted
- Basic understanding of mathematics and statistics;
- Basic knowledge of economics, business administration, social sciences, political science and/or law;
- Motivation letter (400- 500 words)
- Two reference letters by current or former professors or employers (a reference request can be sent directly via our application portal)
- Letter from current employer, including approval, a statement of support to the candidate and an indication of ways to support the candidate
- Provide your first research ideas in the form of a PhD research proposal, see “Expression of Interest”.
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of passport
- Passport size picture - guidelines digital passport photo
We prefer to receive the documents in the following ways:
- Research proposal, motivation letter and CV – in PDF format
- Diplomas and transcripts –as scanned pictures or PDF format
- Passport, proof of English proficiency and picture –as scanned pictures or PDF format
Board of Admissions
The application to the program will be evaluated by the Program Director, a senior academic representing MSM and a senior academic representing SBE. This committee will assess whether a candidate satisfies the admission requirements. If so, admissible candidates will be invited for an online interview. In case of a positive evaluation of the portfolio handed in by the candidate and in case of a convincing interview the candidate will be admitted to the program.
For questions related to application documents or the application process, or questions you would like to have clarified before applying to the program, please contact the PhD Admissions Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our program differs from a regular PhD program. Although MSM’s PhD candidates participate in the program with the objective of obtaining a PhD, they are not considered regular PhD candidates. Employment (full time, part-time, or self-employed / independent consultant) is a prerequisite to be eligible for the program. Candidates are required to have their own source of income. MSM will not employ a PhD candidate, nor pay a salary or scholarship for either participating in the program or conducting research. MSM’s PhD candidates will not be enrolled as employees of the university.