And the end of this blended course you:
- Understand the role of the private sector, especially MSME’s, in emerging markets and its significance for economic and social development.
- Understand the discussion on the ethical, social and ecological boundaries of private sector activity and how MSME’s deal with that.
- Know how to reflect on the development of local MSME’s, the opportunities and constraints. Gain deeper knowledge of appropriate management systems for MSME’s in emerging markets, including finance, HR, operations and marketing.
- Understand the relationship between the business and its enabling environment and markets
- Have explored a variety of tools and instruments to promote PSD and gain insight into their validity and relevance to socio-economic development
MSME’s, A PARTICULAR KIND OF BUSINESS (ONLINE):
- MSME’s/SGB’s and small business; a typology
- MSME’s in emerging markets; a context analysis
- Entrepreneurship and MSME's
- Leadership and ownership, shareholders and stakeholders
- MSME strategy, market entry and growth
- Family businesses vs. large businesses/MNC’s
MSME DEVELOPMENT (ONLINE)
- Governance and management
- Operational and supply chain management and quality assurance
- HR management and the situation of the labour market
- Agri-finance, financial management and accountability
- Innovation and R&D
- Risk management
MSME’S AND LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - LED (ONLINE):
- Market systems approach
- Agricultural Value Chains and corridors
- Industrial clusters and EPZ's
- Public Private Partnerships with a special focus on infrastructure
- B to B partnerships, business alliances, business networks
- Triple Helix collaboration in R&D
- Business Government relations and business sector round tables
- Local markets
MSME’S AND THE ENABLING ENVIRONMENT (ONLINE):
- Political stability and security
- Macro-economic and fiscal policies
- The consequences of bad macro-economic and fiscal policies on MSME's
- Good Governance and the Rule of Law
- Infrastructure and competitiveness
- Regional and international markets
- Free trade agreements and global supply chains
- Non-tariff barriers, SPSS and certification
- Fair trade and trade facilitations
LEGAL, ETHICAL, SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL BOUNDARIES TO BUSINESS (FACE TO FACE):
- Dealing with (local) government
- Dealing with the direct business environment
- Dealing with imperfect markets and competition
- Dealing with big ideas; inclusiveness, sustainability and Informal Business Practices (IBP)
- Constructing a suitable business model for agricultural MSME's in emerging markets
The programme consists of an online part (some parts synchronous and some parts asynchronous) and a face-to-face part. This provides more flexibility in the planning of your learning hours in combination with work and private life. We start with a virtual kick off meeting.
Each module of the programme utilises various teaching and learning methods. Considering the learning objectives of this programme, a combination of teaching methods will be used such as:
- Case studies
- Video comments by practitioners
- Group discussions, exercises and presentations
- Individual and group assignments
In the programme there is a strong emphasis on participation and involvement. Participants are expected to share experiences during classes with others and with the trainers, in this way creating more synergy than in traditional training programmes.
The training methodology is meant to inspire, encourage and involve and is based on the principle of Adult Learning.
The program is designed for:
- Project leaders, project team members and program coordinators with managerial tasks
- Consultants dealing with project activities
- Trainers and lecturers in the field of project management
Each participant receives a certificate of participation. Each participant receives a certificate of participation.
This certificate is being awarded as evidence of participation in a post-graduate training at indicative level 6 or 7 of the EQF. The minimum study load is 14 hours and an attendance level of 80% is required. This certificate is being awarded in the form of a soft copy when the training is online or a hard copy during a face-to-face training. The certificate will mention your full name, training title, training date and comprising core topics. Click here for more information about the MSM certification policy. Click here for more information about the MSM certification policy.