Strengthening the appeal of a bright future in agriculture to youth through entrepreneurship and innovation
MSM will specifically work in this project with the Chambre Transversale des Jeunes Entrepreneurs du Burundi (CTJEBU), a department within the Burundian Federal Chamber of Commerce and Industry, who focuses in particular on promoting youth entrepreneurship in Burundi.
This TMT project will promote both youth entrepreneurship, food security and economic growth through innovation and entrepreneurship. Worldwide innovation and start-ups fuel food security and economic growth. They are the ultimate job creators who start with ingenious ideas, take risks, and create value for the worldwide consumer.
There is a need to strengthen agricultural productivity among farmers through innovative technologies addressing specific challenges such as ensuring biodiversity and dealing with climate-related environmental changes. Moreover, access to finance is still a challenge for young entrepreneurs in Burundi. Through this project the CFCIB and CTJEBU will be given the knowledge and skills to;
- Support young agricultural entrepreneurs in guiding and advising them on the right business opportunities
- Strengthen partnerships with youth associations, the private sector, knowledge institutions, financial institutions and NGO’s to promote youth entrepreneurship through entrepreneurship and innovation
- Develop new financial products to enhance access to finance beyond the tradition microcredits and bank loans.
To meet the above-mentioned goals the project has developed five different training sessions on;
- Innovative Idea Development and Innovation through Design thinking in agriculture
- Building and managing a business support organization and developing new financial products
- Building effective Public Private Partnerships (PPPs)
- Development of business incentives and support program to promote entrepreneurship
- Female entrepreneurship and gender lens investing
Type of services provided
- Consultancy and advice
- Customized training programs