The NUFFIC OKP application window for the MSM Full-time MBA and the Master in Management programme is currently closed.
The below information might be subject to change.
Increase your chances in getting an OKP scholarship
There are many more applications than there are scholarships available. Not everyone who applies will receive an OKP scholarship. To increase your chance for getting awarded with a Nuffic scholarship it is important that you submit all the required and necessary information. Make sure that you provide a compelling motivation about how your participation in the programme will make a positive impact on you, your employer and your country. Therefore, it is important that you meet all the MSM and Nuffic criteria and follow the EXACT procedure.
These are the steps to apply for an OKP scholarship:
Step 1: Check if you are eligible for OKP
Step 2a: Apply at MSM
Step 2b: Registration in Delta for OKP application
Step 3: Selection of candidates
Hereunder we will explain every step in detail:
Step 1: Check if you are eligible for OKP
You must meet all the below criteria that support the aim of the OKP to be eligible for a scholarship.
- The scholarship applicant works for one of the following types of national and/or local organisations: ministries, secondary or higher vocational or academic education institutions, universities, private sector, commissions or NGOs. The scholarship applicant may not work for:
- a bilateral or multilateral organization;
- a non-governmental organisation that is internationally active and is focused on representing social interests, such as development cooperation, nature and environmental protection, health or human rights.
- The scholarship applicant is a professional who, in light of his/her (1) role, (2) multiple years of relevant work experience and (3) networks within a theme relevant to local development, is in a position or through his/her employer could be put in a position to apply what he/she has learned in practice.
- The scholarship applicant holds the nationality of and is resident and working in one of the countries on the OKP Country list (Check the Country List under Countries)
- The scholarship applicant holds a valid identity document.
- The scholarship applicant has been admitted to the course or programme for which he/she wishes an OKP scholarship.
- The scholarship applicant has provided a government statement with the scholarship application, if this is required by the local government (see the document ‘government statement requirement’ on www.studyinNL.org/okp).
- The scholarship applicant demonstrates that the requested co-funding percentage is available to fund the study.
- The employer of the scholarship applicant supports the scholarship application through a positive reference, declares that it will continue to pay the salary of the scholarship recipient during the programme and after his/her return will give the scholarship recipient an opportunity to apply what he/she has learned in practice.
- Please check the obligations and conditions of the Orange Knowledge Programme before you apply.
For more information on the general eligibility criteria please read: OKP information for applicants.
Priority areas for the OKP scholarships
The embassies have a key role in aligning the OKP programme with local priorities and needs, as part of the overall country strategy of the Ministry. The programme supports the country strategy, priorities, programmes and initiatives from perspective of capacity building and knowledge development. Each of the Dutch Embassies in the OKP countries work within the policy lines of the Dutch government. Within this framework they have set priorities for their field of work.
The OKP programme offers opportunities in fields related to the priority themes of the Dutch government:
- Food and nutrition security
- Water management
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Security and the rule of law
The countries in the programme each focus on one or more of these themes. Together with the local embassy they decide which themes are applicable for each country. This is done by focusing on the local needs of each participating country.
To check which themes apply for your country, check the country themes document.
Step 2a: Apply at MSM
You will need to be admitted to our programme before you can apply for the OKP Scholarship. To register at MSM, please follow this link to the MSM application portal to create an applicant profile. Then submit an application to MSM for the full-time MBA or the Master in Management. Before you apply make sure you have the required documents available:
- Certified English translated scanned copy Bachelor and/ or Master degree/diploma
- Certified English translated scanned copy Bachelor and/ or Master transcript/grades
- CV/Resume in English
- Proof of English proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Contact details for two professional recommendations (MBA), one Academic or Professional recommendation (MM)
- Copy valid passport
Please feel free to contact us for personalised advice on your OKP application. We can always advice you and increase your chances in being awarded an OKP scholarship.
If you are admitted to the programme, MSM will send you an official admission letter. With the admission letter you can prepare your application for the OKP Scholarship.
Step 2b: Registration at Delta for OKP application
Delta is the online registration system of Nuffic where you apply for a scholarship. Before applying for an OKP scholarship, make sure you have prepared the required documents. Your application has to be completed and submitted in one go. You cannot update, change or complete your information after you have submitted your application. Please use the formats provided by Nuffic and submit all the required documents in the EXACT way as specified. Otherwise your application will be rejected. Required documents are only accepted in pdf format and their size may not exceed 2Mb. Please ensure that the quality of your scans is proper and that everything is clear and readable. You can use for example ilovepdf.com to convert to pdf or downsize if necessary.
Statement of motivation
This motivation will weigh heavily in the selection procedure and you will need to impress the embassy, Nuffic and MSM. Have this prepared so you can copy/paste it into the online application form. Questions that are asked in your Nuffic application are:
- What is the issue or problem you want to address in your country?
- For granting scholarships the OKP programme focuses on specific priority themes for each country.
Click here for the OKP country priority themes.
- How will this course enable you to address this issue?
- How will you address this issue with your position within your organisation?
The required documents
- Copy of a valid passport (until at least 3 months after your application date).
- Employer’s statement: please use the required template – download here. As specified in the overall aim of the OKP scholarship: the need for training has to be evident within the context of an organisation so the employer statement is a very important document, please fill it out EXACTLY as specified by Nuffic and use the format provided by Nuffic on letter head paper from your organization.
- Government statement: A number of governments of OKP countries require a statement from the government before candidates can apply for a scholarship. In this statement the government expresses its support for the scholarship application. Please, check in this overview to see if this applies for your country. If a government statement is required for your country, please use this format provided by Nuffic. In the overview per country you can find information on who should sign the government statement and to whom the statement requirements apply. If unsure, kindly check this with your government and/or the Netherlands embassy.
- Admission letter: Please upload your MSM admission letter in this section.
Once you have everything complete, please go to the Delta application portal and submit the required information, upload your documents and complete the registration. If your MSM application meets the NUFFIC requirements, you will receive a link from the MSM Admissions Team to get access to the Delta system where you can submit your NUFFIC application.
A question has been added to the registration form where you have to indicate if you are (a) a co-finance candidate or (b) a full scholarship candidate. Please make sure to check the box for (b) a full scholarship candidate.
NB You cannot update, change or complete your information after you have submitted your application. If you want to update your information or documents, you have to register once more in Delta. We will only consider your last application.
3: Selection of candidates
The application process until awarding takes about 10 weeks starting from the application deadline. MSM can nominate your application for an OKP scholarship if your application meets the OKP eligibility criteria. The selection procedure is as follows:
- MSM submits a grant request to Nuffic requesting funding for eligible scholarship applications.
- The applicable Netherlands Embassy will check the individual applications on their eligibility and will assess the applications based on the eligibility criteria and the Embassy country focus area(s).
- Only eligible applications will be taken in to further consideration. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected.
- The selection will be determined by the available deadline budget, the number of applicants and the quality and suitability of the applications.
- Candidates whom have been nominated will be informed of the outcome of the selection by MSM.