AMBA, ACBSP, IACBE, ATHEA
The energy industry is one of the most dynamic and global industries. With the demand for energy expected to double by 2050, there is an urgent need for innovation and diffusion of best practice for renewable energies.
A substantial number of high-level managers in the industry will be retiring in the near future, bringing the need for skilled managers in energy sectors at a premium.
The energy sector is indeed in need of creative managers that understand sustainable development and the intricacies of managing multi-cultural workforces and geopolitical forces that shape the industry.
The Energy Executive MBA by Maastricht School of Management (MSM) and ADA University is a fresh, unique and internationally accredited management degree that addresses this need. It combines the talents and experience of one of The Netherlands’ oldest and most international business
schools located in the heart of Europe (Maastricht) with the cutting-edge knowledge and experience from one of the oldest and most important global energy centers: Azerbaijan.
The Energy EMBA is a flexible, modular degree that can be completed over 24 months. Lectures take place through seven ten-day sessions roughly every three months. These sessions are conducted both in Baku, Azerbaijan, and Maastricht, the Netherlands. The first 6 modules cover the foundation and the core of the MBA, with an integral focus on energy issues and geopolitical considerations in energy markets.
The final module, offered in collaboration with the Energy Academy of Europe and the Caspian Centre for Energy and the Environment, focuses on energy fundamentals, energy economics, and energy law.
Following on the seven modules, participants complete a master’s thesis, wherein they apply their newly gained knowledge to address challenges in the energy sector. Successful participants will receive a double degree from MSM and ADA University. The MSM degree is internationally accredited by AMBA.
Click here for the Education and Examination regulations (EER) of all the MSM programs.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- At least three years of working experience post-bachelor, one year managerial work experience is preferred;
- Thorough command of written and spoken English. Applicants need to submit evidence of English proficiency by achieving the following minimum scores: 88 Internet based TOEFL; 230 computer based TOEFL; 570 paper based TOEFL; 570 institutional TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS. Applicants from countries where the official language is English or who have studied in English speaking countries are exempted from this requirement;
- Applicants are either required to take a GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) and obtain a score of 600. In addition to a GMAT of 600 or greater, we will also accept a GRE with an equivalent score of 600 or greater. Without either of these two, all students need to complete four, online leveling courses specified by MSM. Azerbaijani citizens are required to take special SSAC/TQDK exam (equivalent to GMAT) held every year in March.
- Completed Application package and supporting documents.
- Admission interviews for shortlisted
- Resume/CV with a photo
- Copy of Diploma and Transcripts
- Copy of Passport
- Two professional reference letters are required (Letters must be sealed and mailed directly to Admissions Office)
Official Test Scores
- TOEFL or IELTS
- GMAT or SSAC scores
- Only for short-listed applicants