Do you aim for a successful management career in production engineering?
The M.Sc. in Management and Engineering in Production Systems is a two-year full-time program targeting young professionals who aspire to fulfill leading positions in industrial
engineering companies. The master program also qualifies to continue a university career, including doctoral studies.
5 Reasons to follow this program
1. Increase your career options
Graduates skilled in both complex engineering processes and the art of management are increasingly sought after in today’s industrial world. The program provides you
with a thorough understanding, skills and tools needed to create and manage complex manufacturing operations. After graduating from the program you can develop a
career in a diverse range of industries and sectors.
2. Experience world-class engineering education
The program’s engineering part is conducted by RWTH Aachen University, which has one of the best faculties for mechanical engineering worldwide. The first year of the program provides you with in-depth knowledge of production technology and systems and production related processes. It focuses in particular on industrial R&D practice in the four areas of organization: manufacturing technology, production machines, production resources,
and quality management. Research directly influences the curriculum, ensuring you are guided by the most up-to-date information and practices possible.
3. Develop your global leadership skills
On the management side, Maastricht School of Management’s six decades of international experience in international management education will enrich your skills as a globally-oriented manager. You will become a master in core management processes and of the major social
and environmental issues that set the scene for business processes in emerging economies. You will also be challenged to explore feasible innovations that balance business and development perspectives.
4. Learn from diversity
You will share your study experience with fellow participants from all over the world. Not only will they represent various cultural backgrounds, but they will also come from different business sectors, study backgrounds and different personal networks. Not only will this help you to develop your multicultural leadership skills, but it will also build your global network.
5. Study in two unique historical cities
You will live and study in the heart of Europe. Aachen and Maastricht are unique cities with their own histories, languages and cultures – yet only 30 km apart. Both cities provide the surroundings for a memorable student life.
The study program will be jointly offered by the RWTH Aachen University and the Maastricht School of Management (MSM). Upon successful completion you receive a Master of Science degree from RWTH Aachen University. The M.Sc. in Management and Engineering programs are accredited by ASIIN.
The table below provides a first overview of the curriculum (NB: there may still be minor changes to the curriculum).
Engineering at the RWTH Aachen University
The RWTH Aachen University (Germany) has one of the best faculties for mechanical engineering worldwide and conducts the program’s engineering part. The first year is based on the MSc in Production Systems Engineering and provides in-depth knowledge of production technology and systems and production-related processes. It focuses in particular on industrial R&D practice in the four areas of organization: manufacturing technology, production machines, production resources, and quality management. Research directly influences the curriculum, ensuring students are guided by the most up-to-date information and practices possible.
For more information on RWTH Aachen University, please visit the following websites:
Management at the Maastricht School of Management
On the management side, MSM’s six decades of international experience will enrich students’ skills as globally-oriented managers. It will give them solid knowledge of core management processes and understanding of the major social and environmental issues that set the scene for business processes in emerging economies. Throughout the program, students will be challenged to explore feasible innovations that balance business and development perspectives.
By the end of the program, graduates will have gained in-depth skills in management and engineering and be ready to assume leading positions in industrial engineering companies. The MME also qualifies graduates to continue their university careers, including on doctoral studies.
Admission to the MME Program takes place on a competitive basis, linked to the following requirements:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline, covering the fundamentals of engineering sciences, mathematics, physics and production technology, awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Fundamental knowledge in the fields of engineering, mathematics and natural science that should be covered within the following modules: Mathematics, Mechanics, Material Sciences, Thermodynamics, Informatics/Programming/Computer Science, Physics, Technical Drawing and CAD.
- Furthermore knowledge in the following courses is requested: Fluid Dynamics, Automatic Control, Design Engineering, Production Management, Machine Tools, Manufacturing Technology, Electrical Drives, Quality Management.
- Basic knowledge in business administration is requested as an admission requirement. Students with no previous knowledge in management have to participate in a preparatory online courses conducted by the school of business and economics at the RWTH Aachen University prior to the beginning of the course (July-Sep).
- Certified proof of your competence in the English language through the completion of one of the accepted examinations listed below:
– TOEFL Internet based minimum of 90 pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts.
– IELTS test minimum overall band 5,5
– Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
– First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with B,
– Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University‹s language centre (B2).
– For German applicants: Ein Zeugnis, das englische Sprachkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2 des “Gemeinsamen europäischen Referenzrahmens (GeR)” ausweist. Dieser Nachweis wird z.B. durch die Vorlage eines deutschen Abiturzeugnisses erbracht, aus dem ersichtlich ist, dass Englisch bis zum Ende der Qualifikationsphase 1 (Jahrgangsstufe 11 bei G8-Abitur, sonst Jahrgangsstufe 12) durchgängig belegt und mit mindestens ausreichenden Leistungen abgeschlossen wurde.
Exemptions for the language requirements are only applicable for nationals or first degree holders from USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Have practical professional experience of at least one year. This can be a practical training or work experience in the area of your program of interest during or after your first recognized university degree.
The application deadline is 1 March of each year.
Please apply online via the portal at RWTH Aachen University: www.rwth-aachen.de/ioam
In addition please refer to the section ‘Applicants’ on the RWTH site. This gives full details on the application process including all requirements.
|Per semester||€ 5,500|
|Total for entire 2-year MSc program||€ 22,000|