Do you want to become a specialist in managing electrical power systems?
The M.Sc. in Management and Engineering in Electrical Power Systems is a two-year full-time program targeting professionals who have the ambition to assume leadership positions in the
electrical power industry. The master program also qualifies to continue a university career, including doctoral studies.
5 Reasons to follow this program
1. Increase your career options
As a graduate of the program you are qualified for future leading positions in the industry such as in the areas of power generation, power transmissions and distribution, project
management but also in research and development areas. The combination of technical knowledge, management skills and sustainability will highly improve your career prospects.
2. Experience world-class engineering education
The engineering part of the program will be conducted by the faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of the RWTH Aachen University. This faculty sees it as its prior
mission to train high qualified and responsible engineers in the broad field of Electrical Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Engineering for future leading positions in the industry and in the society. The faculty holds nationally as well as internationally a leading position in teaching and research in these fields. The excellence of the faculty results from a close relationship between teaching and research, a good balance between a fundamental scientific approach and important industrial applications and intensive cooperation’s within the RWTH Aachen University, within the Jülich-Aachen-Research Alliance (JARA) and with associated
institutes and external research partners.
3. Develop your global leadership skills
On the management side, Maastricht School of Management’s six decades of international experience in international management education will enrich your skills as a globally-oriented
manager. You will become a master in core management processes and of the environmental and major social issues and that set the scene for business processes in emerging economies.
You will also be challenged to explore feasible innovations that balance business and development perspectives.
4. Learn from diversity
You will share your study experience with fellow participants from all over the world. Not only will they represent various cultural backgrounds, but they will also come from different
business sectors, study backgrounds and different personal networks. Not only will this help you to develop your multicultural leadership skills, but it will also build your global network.
5. Study in two unique historical cities
You will live and study in the heart of Europe. Aachen and Maastricht are unique cities with their own histories, languages and cultures – yet only 30 km apart. Both cities provide the surroundings for a memorable student life.
The study program will be jointly offered by the RWTH Aachen University and the Maastricht School of Management (MSM). Upon successful completion you receive a Master of Science degree from RWTH Aachen University. The M.Sc. in Management and Engineering programs are accredited by ASIIN.
Students will spend one year (first and second semester) in Aachen and attend the courses in electrical engineering, as conducted by the faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of RWTH Aachen University.
The third semester will be spent at Maastricht School of Management in the Netherlands. Students will be trained as managers with solid knowledge of the core management processes and a focus on sustainable development.
Students pursue a master thesis in the fourth semester, either at RWTH Aachen University or at Maastricht School of Management. (NB: there may still be minor changes to the curriculum).
Engineering at RWTH Aachen University, Germany
The engineering part of the program will be conducted by the faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of RWTH Aachen University. This faculty sees its prior mission in training high qualified and responsible engineers in the broad field of Electrical Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Engineering for future leading positions in industry and society. The faculty holds nationally as well as internationally a leading position in teaching and research in these fields. The excellence of the faculty results from a close relationship between teaching and research, a good balance between a fundamental scientific approach and important industrial applications and intensive cooperation within RWTH Aachen University, within the Jülich-Aachen-Research Alliance (JARA) and with associated institutes and external research partners.
See also: www.iaew.rwth-aachen.de
For more information on RWTH Aachen University, please visit the following websites:
- RWTH Aachen University International Academy
- Program website RWTH Aachen University International Academy
- RWTH’s faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- RWTH’s Aachen School of Business and Economics
Management at Maastricht School of Management, Netherlands
Maastricht School of Management (MSM) is one of the oldest and most international business schools in the Netherlands. It provides internationally accredited Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degrees, Master degrees programs and Executive Education. It also provides research and consultancy services.
Maastricht School of Management contributes the business-related component to this program. Students will be trained as globally-oriented managers with solid knowledge of the core management processes and with understanding of the major social and environmental issues that set the scene for business processes in emerging economies. Throughout the program, students will be challenged to explore feasible innovations that balance business and development perspectives.
The course of study enables graduates to gain a further qualified practice of profession. The qualification includes technical knowledge in electrical engineering and especially interdisciplinary competencies as well as independent scientific work. Graduates of the course are qualified for different positions in industry such as in the areas of power generation, power transmission and distribution, project management and also research and development. The course of study provides a basis for future leading positions in industry. With the combination of technical knowledge with means of management and sustainability, graduates highly improve their career chances in professional life. With the completion of the course graduates are qualified for an advanced scientific career, e.g. doctoral studies. Also other interdisciplinary positions in the areas of consulting or engineering offices are suitable options
Admission to the MME program takes place on a competitive basis, linked to the following requirements:
- Bachelor in Engineering or Bachelor in Science related to your envisioned study program awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Basic knowledge in business administration is requested as an admission requirement. Students with no previous knowledge in management have to participate in a preparatory online courses conducted by the school of business and economics at the RWTH Aachen University prior to the beginning of the course (July-Sep).
- Certified proof of your competence in the English language through the completion of one of the accepted examinations listed below:
– TOEFL Internet based minimum of 90 pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts.
– IELTS test minimum overall band 5,5
– Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
– First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with B,
– Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University‹s language centre (B2).
– For German applicants: Ein Zeugnis, das englische Sprachkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2 des “Gemeinsamen europäischen Referenzrahmens (GeR)” ausweist. Dieser Nachweis wird z.B. durch die Vorlage eines deutschen Abiturzeugnisses erbracht, aus dem ersichtlich ist, dass Englisch bis zum Ende der Qualifikationsphase 1 (Jahrgangsstufe 11 bei G8-Abitur, sonst Jahrgangsstufe 12) durchgängig belegt und mit mindestens ausreichenden Leistungen abgeschlossen wurde.
Exemptions for the language requirements are only applicable for nationals or first degree holders from USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Have practical professional experience of at least one year. This can be a practical training or work experience in the area of your program of interest during or after your first recognized university degree.
The application deadline is 1 March of each year.
Please apply online via the application portal from the RWTH Aachen University:
In addition please refer to the section ‘Applicants’ on the RWTH site. This gives full details on the application process including all requirements.
|Per semester||€ 5,500|
|Total for entire 2-year MSc program||€ 22,000|