Do you want to become a specialist in managing electrical power systems?
The M.Sc. in Management and Engineering in Electrical Power Systems is a two-year full-time program targeting professionals who have the ambition to assume leadership positions in the
electrical power industry. The Master program also qualifies to continue a university career, including doctoral studies.
5 Reasons to follow this program
Increase your career options
As a graduate of this program you are qualified for future leading positions in the industry such as in the areas of power generation, power transmissions and distribution, project management as well as in research and development areas. The combination of technical knowledge, management skills and sustainability will highly improve your career prospects.
Experience world-class engineering education
The engineering part of the program will be taught by the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of RWTH Aachen University. This faculty sees it as its prior mission to train highly qualified and responsible engineers in the broad fields of Electrical Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Engineering for future leading positions in the industry and in the society. The faculty holds nationally as well as internationally a leading position in
teaching and research in these fields. The excellence of the faculty results from a close relationship between teaching and research, a good balance between a fundamental scientific approach and important industrial applications and intensive cooperations within RWTH Aachen University, within the Jülich-Aachen-Research Alliance (JARA) and with associated institutes and external research partners.
Develop your global leadership skills
On the management side, Maastricht School of Management’s international experience in global management education will enrich your skills as a globally-oriented manager. You will become a master in core management processes and of the environmental and major social issues that set the scene for business processes in emerging economies. In addition, you will be challenged to explore feasible innovations that balance business and development perspectives.
Learn from diversity
You will share your study experience with fellow participants from all over the world. Not only will they represent various cultural backgrounds, but they will also come from different
business sectors, study backgrounds and different personal networks. This will help you to develop your multicultural leadership skills and build your global network.
Study in two unique historical cities
You will live and study in the heart of Europe. Aachen and Maastricht are unique cities with their own histories, languages and cultures – yet only 30 km apart. Both cities provide the perfect environment for a memorable student life.
Click here for the Education and Examination regulations (EER) of all the MSM programs.
The study program will be jointly offered by the RWTH Aachen University and the Maastricht School of Management (MSM). Upon successful completion you receive a Master of Science degree from RWTH Aachen University. The M.Sc. in Management and Engineering programs are accredited by ASIIN.
The table below provides a first overview of the curriculum (NB: there may still be minor changes to the curriculum).
(Click on the picture to open the curriculum)
You will spend one year (first and second semester) in Aachen and attend the courses in electrical engineering, taught by the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of RWTH Aachen University. In addition, RWTH School of Business and Economics will deliver three management modules during the first year in Aachen. The third semester will be spent studying three management electives at Maastricht School of Management in the Netherlands as well as pursuing a 15-week industrial internship. You will be trained as a manager with solid knowledge of the core management processes and a focus on sustainable development. In the fourth semester you will work on your master’s thesis, either at RWTH Aachen University or at Maastricht School of Management.
For more information on RWTH Aachen University, please visit the following websites:
Admission to the MME program takes place on a competitive basis, linked to the following requirements:
- Bachelor in Engineering or Bachelor in Science related to your envisioned study program awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Basic knowledge in business administration is requested as an admission requirement. Students with no previous knowledge in management have to participate in a preparatory online courses conducted by the school of business and economics at the RWTH Aachen University prior to the beginning of the course (July-Sep).
- Certified proof of your competence in the English language through the completion of one of the accepted examinations listed below:
– TOEFL Internet based minimum of 90 pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts.
– IELTS test minimum overall band 5,5
– Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
– First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with B,
– Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University‹s language centre (B2).
– For German applicants: Ein Zeugnis, das englische Sprachkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2 des “Gemeinsamen europäischen Referenzrahmens (GeR)” ausweist. Dieser Nachweis wird z.B. durch die Vorlage eines deutschen Abiturzeugnisses erbracht, aus dem ersichtlich ist, dass Englisch bis zum Ende der Qualifikationsphase 1 (Jahrgangsstufe 11 bei G8-Abitur, sonst Jahrgangsstufe 12) durchgängig belegt und mit mindestens ausreichenden Leistungen abgeschlossen wurde.
Exemptions from the English language requirements are only applicable to applicants who hold a first degree from USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Have practical professional experience of at least one year. This can be a practical training or work experience in the area of your program of interest during or after your first recognized university degree.
The application deadline is 1 March of each year.
Please apply online via the RWTHonline portal from the RWTH Aachen University.
In addition please refer to the section ‘Application information’ on the RWTH site. This gives full details on the application process including all requirements.
|Per semester||€ 5,500|
|Total for entire 2-year MSc program||€ 22,000|
Please visit the ‘Scholarship’ pages for all information on scholarships.