Do you want to work at the interface of technology, business and entrepreneurship?
The M.Sc. in Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering is a two-year full-time industrial engineering program. This interdisciplinary master course provides you, on the one hand, with in-depth knowledge and understanding of computer-aided mechanical engineering, and on the other hand, with solid knowledge in business management, leadership and entrepreneurial skills. The Master program also qualifies graduates to pursue a university career, including doctoral studies.
5 Reasons to follow this program
Increase your career options
Graduates who understand both the art of management and complex engineering processes are highly sought after in today’s industrial and technological world. This program caters to that demand by giving you the knowledge and orientation to work across the fields of engineering and business administration. As a graduate of the program you will be able to combine management goals and operational performance in a wide and growing range of industries.
Experience world-class engineering education
The scientific leadership of the M.Sc. in Management and Engineering in Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering lies with the Institute of General Mechanics (IAM) of RWTH Aachen University. Current research directly influences the curriculum and ensures that you are exposed to the most up-to-date information and practices.
Develop your global leadership skills
On the management side, Maastricht School of Management’s more than six decades of international experience in global management education will enrich your skills as a globally oriented manager. You will become a master in core management processes and of the major social and environmental issues that set the scene for business processes in a global economy.
You will also be challenged to explore feasible innovations that balance business and development perspectives – taking account of both social and environmental sustainability.
Maastricht School of Management has a worldwide reputation for its programs in business and management teaching.
Learn from diversity
You will share your study experience with fellow participants from all over the world. Not only will they represent various cultural backgrounds, but they will also come from different business sectors, study backgrounds and different personal networks. This will help you to develop your multicultural leadership skills and also to build your global network.
Study in two unique historical cities
You will live and study in the heart of Europe. Aachen and Maastricht are historical cities with their own distinct languages and cultures – yet only 30 km apart. Both cities provide the perfect environment for a memorable student life.
Click here for the Education and Examination regulations (EER) of all the MSM programs.
The study program will be jointly offered by the RWTH Aachen University and the Maastricht School of Management (MSM). Upon successful completion you receive a Master of Science degree from RWTH Aachen University. The M.Sc. in Management and Engineering programs are accredited by ASIIN.
The table below provides a first overview of the curriculum (NB: there may still be minor changes to the curriculum).
(Click on the picture to open the curriculum)
You will spend one year (first and second semester) at RWTH Aachen University in Aachen and attend the engineering courses, as conducted by the Institute of General Mechanics (IAM) of RWTH Aachen University. In addition, the RWTH School of Business and Economics will
deliver three management modules during the first year in Aachen.
The third semester will be spent at Maastricht School of Management in the Netherlands. You will be trained as a manager with solid knowledge of core management processes.
In the fourth semester you will follow one Engineering course and you will pursue a master thesis, either at RWTH Aachen University or at Maastricht School of Management
Admission to the MME-CAME program takes place on a competitive basis. Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Academic first degree:a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline, such as Automotive, Aerospace or Energy Engineering, Manufacturing, Structural, Industrial or Production Engineering, awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Basic knowledge in business administration. Students with no previous knowledge in management have to participate in a preparatory online course conducted by the School of Business and Economics at the RWTH Aachen University prior to the start of the program (July-September).
- Certified proof of your competence in the English language through the completion of one of the accepted examinations listed below:
– TOEFL Internet based minimum of 90 pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts.
– IELTS test minimum overall band 5,5
– Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
– First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with B,
– Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University‹s language centre (B2).
– For German applicants: Ein Zeugnis, das englische Sprachkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2 des “Gemeinsamen europäischen Referenzrahmens (GeR)” ausweist. Dieser Nachweis wird z.B. durch die Vorlage eines deutschen Abiturzeugnisses erbracht, aus dem ersichtlich ist, dass Englisch bis zum Ende der Qualifikationsphase 1 (Jahrgangsstufe 11 bei G8-Abitur, sonst Jahrgangsstufe 12) durchgängig belegt und mit mindestens ausreichenden Leistungen abgeschlossen wurde.
Exemptions from the English language requirements are only applicable to applicants who hold a first degree from USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Professional work experience of as a rule no less than one year is expected. This can be practical training or work experience completed during or after your first recognized university degree.
- Fundamental knowledge in the following subjects: mechanics, materials science, thermodynamics, machine design, informatics, mathematics, physics. Furthermore in: fluid mechanics, automatic control, finite elements, modelling, theory of vibrations, manufacturing engineering, CAD.
The application deadline is 1 March of each year.
Please apply online via the RWTHonline portal from the RWTH Aachen University.
In addition please refer to the section ‘Application information’ on the RWTH site. This gives full details on the application process including all requirements.
|Per semester||€ 5,500|
|Total for entire 2-year MSc program||€ 22,000|
Please visit the ‘Scholarship’ pages for all information on scholarships.