Relaxation Covid measures MSM
In the light of the current Covid-19 situation in the Netherlands, the Dutch government has announced to further relax the Covid restrictions.
As of 25 February, the following rules are no longer mandatory in the MSM building:
- Wearing a face mask
- keeping a 1.5-meter social distance
The basic rules will remain:
- Do not shake hands;
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use an alcohol- based hand rub, especially after a visit to the toilet;
- Cover your nose and mouth with a flexed elbow or paper tissue when coughing or sneezing and disposing immediately of the tissue and performing hand hygiene;
- Get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms: stay at home and get tested by the municipal health service (GGD), even if you’ve been vaccinated;
- If you test positive, stay at home and avoid contact with others, even if they have been vaccinated. The isolation time is shortened from a minimum of 7 days to 5 days (if 24 hours without complaints.
- Ensure a good flow of fresh air indoors.
Updates on the Coronavirus
For the latest information about the Coronavirus we refer to the website of the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) and to the website of the WHO (World Health Organization). On these sites, you can find information on how the coronavirus is spread, about the best way to prevent getting the virus and many other frequently asked questions. For the latest governmental measures we refer you to the website government.nl.
Monitoring of situation
The MSM Board will continuously monitor the situation around the Corona virus, and will initiate further actions when needed. The internal task force that has been established to protect the health of MSM’s faculty, staff and students will provide regular updates about the situation.
MSM will need to remain flexible to respond to any changes that may be required to our placements. We will continue to closely monitor developments and take necessary action in line with the latest government advice, along with guidance from the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment):
MSM reserves the right to cancel on-campus teaching for upcoming intakes in case that government regulations prohibit on-campus teaching or do not allow students to travel to the Netherlands. In such an event, we will inform all applicants about the consequences for the specific intake via e-mail as soon as possible.
Please ensure that you purchase travel cancellation insurance and only make travel and accommodation bookings that are fully refundable in case of changes or cancellations. Please note that MSM cannot reimburse any expenses incurred beyond fees explicitly paid.