Admission to the MME Program takes place on a competitive basis, and is based on the following requirements:
- Academic first degree: Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science
- Good performance in your undergraduate studies
|Fundamentals in Mathematics and Natural Science (18 CP)||Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics (at least 10 CP in Mathematics)|
|Fundamentals in Engineering (20 CP)||Mechanics, Dynamics, Thermodynamics (at least 10 CP in Mechanics)|
|Specific Fundamentals (50 CP)||The area of Constructive Engineering (such as Structural Analysis, Concrete, Building Construction, Building Materials, Geo-technology)|
(10 CP) – may be completed in an online course (see below)
|Management and Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Production and Logistics Marketing, Corporate Finance|
- A basic knowledge of business administration is needed as an admission requirement. Students with no previous knowledge of management have to participate in a preparatory online course conducted by the School of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen University before the beginning of the course (July to September).
- Professional work experience of no less than one year is expected.
- A certified proof of your competence in the English language through the completion of one of the accepted examinations listed below is also required:
– TOEFL – Internet based minimum of 90pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts.
– IELTS test minimum overall band 5,5
– Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
– First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with at least a B grade,
– Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University’s language centre (B2).
– For German applicants: Ein Zeugnis, das englische Sprachkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2 des “Gemeinsamen europäischen Referenzrahmens (GeR)” ausweist. Dieser Nachweis wird z.B. durch die Vorlage eines deutschen Abiturzeugnisses erbracht, aus dem ersichtlich ist, dass Englisch bis zum Ende der Qualifikationsphase 1 (Jahrgangsstufe 11 bei G8-Abitur, sonst Jahrgangsstufe 12) durchgängig belegt und mit mindestens ausreichenden Leistungen abgeschlossen wurde.
Exemptions from the English language requirements are only applicable to applicants who hold a first degree from USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
For further admission requirements, please consult the requirements on the program page of RWTH Aachen University International Academy.