Admission to the MME Program takes place on a competitive basis, linked to the following requirements:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline, covering the fundamentals of engineering sciences, mathematics, physics and production technology, awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Fundamental knowledge in the fields of engineering, mathematics and natural science that should be covered within the following modules: Mathematics, Mechanics, Material Sciences, Thermodynamics, Informatics/Programming/Computer Science, Physics, Technical Drawing and CAD.
- Furthermore knowledge in the following courses is requested: Fluid Dynamics, Automatic Control, Design Engineering, Production Management, Machine Tools, Manufacturing Technology, Electrical Drives, Quality Management.
- Basic knowledge in business administration is requested as an admission requirement. Students with no previous knowledge in management have to participate in a preparatory online courses conducted by the school of business and economics at the RWTH Aachen University prior to the beginning of the course (July-Sep).
- Certified proof of your competence in the English language through the completion of one of the accepted examinations listed below:
– TOEFL Internet based minimum of 90 pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts.
– IELTS test minimum overall band 5,5
– Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
– First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with B,
– Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University‹s language centre (B2).
– For German applicants: Ein Zeugnis, das englische Sprachkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2 des “Gemeinsamen europäischen Referenzrahmens (GeR)” ausweist. Dieser Nachweis wird z.B. durch die Vorlage eines deutschen Abiturzeugnisses erbracht, aus dem ersichtlich ist, dass Englisch bis zum Ende der Qualifikationsphase 1 (Jahrgangsstufe 11 bei G8-Abitur, sonst Jahrgangsstufe 12) durchgängig belegt und mit mindestens ausreichenden Leistungen abgeschlossen wurde.
Exemptions from the English language requirements are only applicable to applicants who hold a first degree from USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
- GRE score card with a minimum of:
– Verbal reasoning - 145
– Quantitative reasoning - 160
– Analytical writing - 2
- Have practical professional experience of at least one year. This can be a practical training or work experience in the area of your program of interest during or after your first recognized university degree.