Admission to the MME-CAME program takes place on a competitive basis. Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Academic first degree:a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline, such as Automotive, Aerospace or Energy Engineering, Manufacturing, Structural, Industrial or Production Engineering, awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Basic knowledge in business administration. Students with no previous knowledge in management have to participate in a preparatory online course conducted by the School of Business and Economics at the RWTH Aachen University prior to the start of the program (July-September).
- Certified proof of your competence in the English language through the completion of one of the accepted examinations listed below:
– TOEFL Internet based minimum of 90 pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts.
– IELTS test minimum overall band 5,5
– Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
– First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with B,
– Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University‹s language centre (B2).
– For German applicants: Ein Zeugnis, das englische Sprachkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2 des “Gemeinsamen europäischen Referenzrahmens (GeR)” ausweist. Dieser Nachweis wird z.B. durch die Vorlage eines deutschen Abiturzeugnisses erbracht, aus dem ersichtlich ist, dass Englisch bis zum Ende der Qualifikationsphase 1 (Jahrgangsstufe 11 bei G8-Abitur, sonst Jahrgangsstufe 12) durchgängig belegt und mit mindestens ausreichenden Leistungen abgeschlossen wurde.
Exemptions from the English language requirements are only applicable to applicants who hold a first degree from USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia.
- GRE score card with a minimum of:
– Verbal reasoning - 145
– Quantitative reasoning - 160
– Analytical writing - 2
- Professional work experience of as a rule no less than one year is expected. This can be practical training or work experience completed during or after your first recognized university degree.
- Fundamental knowledge in the following subjects: mechanics, materials science, thermodynamics, machine design, informatics, mathematics, physics. Furthermore in: fluid mechanics, automatic control, finite elements, modelling, theory of vibrations, manufacturing engineering, CAD.