The main objective of the course is to familiarize students with an ethical orientation toward the worlds of business, investment and policy. Using theories, concrete examples, videos, cases and the like, students learn to analyze value chains, ethics, corporate responsibility and public private partnership . Students are expected to actively participate in discussions and other work forms. Moreover, the setting of this training program is unique. The Netherlands is one of the frontrunners in terms of Sustainable Business Development. Next, MSM, located in the South of the Netherlands, is one of the leading business schools in the world focusing especially on emerging markets. MSM has a long lasting research and training track record and experience which will contribute to this program. As such the training can build upon top experts from both the business and education sector who have worked all over the world in this particular field. An important feature of this training program is the focus on cases from emerging economies. Additionally, interesting work visits will contribute to a rich training program. Finally, participants of the program come from all over the world . The MSM cross-cultural learning experience will provide participants with a unique learning experience.
- Have insight in the concepts of value chains and public private partnerships and know how to analyse them.
- Understand the link between value chain analysis, public private partnership and policy development.
- Comprehend the importance of multi-stakeholder meetings and know how to manage them.
- Understand the underlying concepts of CSR and gained management knowledge about Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Approaches.
- Further developed tools of ethical, environmental and social responsibility with an emphasis on systems, standards, organizational change and reporting.
- Recognize the role of government, business and civil society in achieving sustainable development.
- Consider a range of ethical problems and dilemmas and develop skills to solve such problems
Our experts help you explore ways to contribute to the sustainable performance of your organization and/or regional economy, enabling you to gain substantial insight into policy making, involving tools such as stakeholder management, corporate social responsibility (CSR), the “greening” of organizations, developing global value chains, and collaboration through partnerships and stakeholder dialogues. You will attend work visits and guest speaker sessions that will provide deeper insights and highlight best practices of sustainable development and management at organizational level. The individual action plan you develop during the program enables you to put your newly acquired knowledge and skills into practice in your daily work.
The program is designed for:
- Senior executives and policy makers involved in local economic development, CSR management or who have a strong motivation to learn more about sustainable development issues
- Lecturers and researchers in fields related to local economic development, sustainable development and CSR