Improving public policy making
Formulating and implementing public policies is an important responsibility of modern governments. Policy objectives and instruments get determined in the interaction between public authorities and stakeholders. Actors and institutions such as branches of government, political parties, interest groups, regulatory agencies, and non-governmental organizations and citizens are involved in policy making to varying degrees, depending on the particular policy domain and phase of the policy process.
The quality of public policy making is greatly influenced by following an approach including aspects such as problem identification, stakeholder analysis, agenda setting, developing policy options, and deciding on policy options, implementation plan, monitoring and evaluation.
This program informs you on the most relevant aspects of effective policy making and offers the tools and instruments that can help you in developing effective policies. The program takes a practice oriented approach providing you with examples from practitioners.
What to expect
- Policy making framework and policy making tools
- What and how of stakeholder analysis
- Creative development of policy options
- Structured approach to policy decision making
- Identification of unexpected outcomes
- Defining a sound implementation plan
- Monitoring policy implementation
- Developing for policy evaluation
The program is designed for:
- Policy makers and planners from government organizations
- Policy makers from government related organizations
- Others interested in the process of public policy making
Each participant receives a certificate of attendance on the last day of the course. Only for those who will complete an additional assignment will receive a diploma. In case you would like to have more information you contact firstname.lastname@example.org