Enhance the capacity of university middle management
Higher education institutions operate in a fast changing and demanding context characterized by a growing and diversifying student body, increased accountability, limited funding, technological developments and the need for enhanced quality and relevance. Universities are expected to open up and respond to the outside world and significantly contribute to national objectives.
For universities to respond properly to these changes and developments, university leadership and management capacity is crucial, not only at the university level but also at the middle management level of departments and colleges. Essential middle management and leadership tasks include creating a long term vision for the future of the department, planning short term activities, developing the departmental organization and leading the academic and administrative staff.
This program helps current and future university middle managers in understanding and in executing their role and tasks.
Following topics will be part of the course
- Challenges and changing context of higher education
- Management levels and management tasks
- Leadership and management
- Planning tools for management
- Developing aspirations and strategy
- University structure, culture and decision making
- Role of leadership and management in planned change
- Leadership styles
- Academic staff and leadership
- Relationship with higher level management
The program is designed for
- Current and prospective academic and administrative middle management of vocational and higher education institutions
- Lecturers involved in managerial and administrative tasks
Each participant receives a certificate of attendance on the last day of the course. Only for those who will complete an additional assignment will receive a diploma. In case you would like to have more information you contact email@example.com