Support the sub-sector of technical and professional training for the community-building of resilience to food and nutrition insecurity in the regions of Mopti and/or Gao in Mali
The project aims to improve the access to vocational training for young people and women from the Dogon country, empowering them with the tools and knowledge they need to face the challenges posed by food and nutrition insecurity in the regions of Mopti, while achieving the following:
- Support to the establishment of an agricultural training department at the Lycée Professionnel Sangha, including the development of curricula and programs and the training of agricultural teachers. This will give an opportunity to young people form the region to receive a professional training to agricultural techniques that are adequate to the specificities of the territory.
- Enlargement and strengthening of the network of ‘women groups’ within the Dogon community already put in place by PPD and ADI. In these groups, women support each other by sharing funds, tools and knowledge and by developing value chains for the products they cultivate and produce. The women groups aim to improve their production, transformation and commerce of products, while boosting their position and independence.
- Strengthening the educational and organizational capacities of ADI and LPS. These institutes are currently facing challenges related to insecurity in the Mopti region.
- Professionalization of ADI as an institution that coordinates the women groups and other training activities on the territory. This process includes issues such as the strategic planning, leadership, monitoring and evaluation, processing and elaboration of information and reports.
Type of services provided:
- Project Management
- Monitor & Evaluation
- Research and capacity building
- Strategic planning and strategic consultancy
- Curriculum development
- Training of trainers on agricultural topics and on gender awareness
This project will run from December 2019 until December 2021